Based on the data of Internet live statistics , there are more than 1,926,445,400 websites active worldwide. More and more people want to develop their personal or business websites for many reasons. Thus, there is a great opportunity for web designers to win projects linked to creating a website.
Do you want to become an expert web designer but don’t know what languages you need for it? If yes, then this guide is very helpful for you. The following is a list of technologies or languages associated with web development to get started.
Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language, used to create web page documents. There are different versions of HTML, including, HTML 4.1, HTML5, XHTML, etc., that web designers use for web pages.
HTML is not a programming language, but it is a markup language that helps the system to identify the headings, paragraphs, and lists in the document. So, to learn HTML, you do not need to be a programming expert.
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
While HTML describes the content of a web page, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) describe how it should look. CSS controls the fonts, colors, background images, line spacing, page layout, and many other content things. With every new CSS version, you will get some advanced features to make the web page look more effective.
Moreover, CSS can also control how documents will be presented in the desktop browser, printer, mobile devices, etc. It is also a great tool for automating production. With CSS you can change how an element looks across all the pages by editing a single style sheet document.
Some websites are a collection of static HTML docs and image files. But, for more advanced websites, you need to understand the advanced functionality such as shopping carts, databases, content management systems, and more.
This needs knowledge of web applications that run on servers. You need to learn various server-side programming languages and frameworks to create web applications. Some of those languages are as follows:
- Ruby, etc.
Things You Need to Design a Website Professionally
To design a website, you may need to purchase a few things, like tools or systems. Here is the list of items you may need to buy to create an effective website.
To comfortable develop a website, we recommend the following things:
- Up-to-date computer: A computer with Macintosh, Windows, or Linux works great for developing a website. Also, if you can use a Mac-based system, that would be great. But, if you are not into graphics, then you can start designing with your current system.
- Extra RAM: When you design a website, you will need to move between several applications. Therefore, make sure extra RAM is installed on your system.
- Monitor: Although it is not required, having a large monitor can help you in many ways. It is especially useful for visual designs of websites. Moreover, you can also see more of your page on screen to make design decisions.
- A scanner and/or digital camera: If you want to make your own images and textures for web pages, then you should have a quality scanner or digital camera.
- Mobile phone: Nowadays, many people open websites on their mobile phones. So, you need to create a web design that is mobile-friendly and to test it, you will need a mobile phone.
Another element that you may need to buy for creating a web design is software. Many software and tools are available for creating web pages that make the process more efficient. Here is the list of tools for different operations you need while creating a website:
When you need to add images, logos, banners, etc., on your website, you will need the below-mentioned image editing tools.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Fireworks
- Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo for Windows only
Web page authoring
Web-authoring tools are very similar to desktop publishing tools and provide a visual interface for web pages. In simple words, it saves you time from typing repetitive HTML and CSS codes. The following are some popular web-authoring programs:
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Microsoft Expression Web
- Nvu (Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X)
HTML editors speed up the process of writing HTML by hand. With these tools, you will not need to edit the page visually but need to check the work in a browser. Here are the recommended tools for HTML editing:
- TextPad for Windows
- Sublime Text for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Coda by Panic for Macintosh
- TextMate for Macintosh
- BBEdit for Macintosh only
To become a web designer, you need to learn a few languages, some tools, and a working system. By learning the languages, you can become a professional web developer and can create amazing websites for yourself or your clients.
Our team consists of experienced and skillful web designers who can design the best-performing websites with cross-browser compatibility and accessibility.
today for web design services.